Sunday, August 10, 2008

Balloon Landing #1



I was on my way to breakfast this morning, driving by the Clock Tower, when I noticed the hot air balloon company's vans parked in the field waiting for the balloons to touch down. Of course, I got out of my beloved truck and took approximately 140 photos. I have some great shots, not only of the balloons landing, but of the people in the baskets, and the workers taking down the balloons. I'll be posting them in the coming days, and I'll try not to bore you too much. LOL

6 comments:

Flying Solo said...

Hummm! I'll tune, just for the workers! LOL
Fabtastic photo: Balloons, tower, fountain...I only miss the crepe :)

George Townboy said...

Mmmmm, I'm going on a mission to find Crepe!!

Hilda said...

That must have been so interesting to watch!

I love this photo. The balloons are such a nice surprise in the scene.

Small City Scenes said...

Instead of the 'blob that ate chicago' you have 'the balloon that ate the clock tower'. I am waiting to see the basket people (cases) AND the mighty muscled workers. MB

Michele said...

Ah, excellent... fantastic display... I shall await more of your photos!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Sounds like you had one of my mad days. When one shot just isn't enough! hat landing ballon is just such a freaky image to me. Excellent catch.